Cozy Getaway on 2 wooded acres.
Located in heart of the Green Mountains in Londonderry, Vermont, this private house is a year round vacation spot! Perfect for: Winter sports, Summer sports
and great Fall foliage!
• Snow boarding, Alpine & Cross Country Skiing
• Golfing & Tennis
• Biking, Hiking, & Horseback Riding
• Fishing, Boating & Camping
• Antique & Outlet Shopping.
• Local Theater & Dinning
See Summer, Winter & Fall activities below,
As well as links to local events and local weather.
Ideal for two families or three couples.
3 small bedrooms plus loft (3 fulls, 3 bunks and a trundle bed).
Contemporary and cozy, the large living space brings cooking, dinning, and relaxing together with a central fireplace, long dining table, fully equipped kitchen, cable TV, stereo, CD, DVD & VHS players, dart board, poker table and plenty of books and games. Downstairs bunckroom has TV with VHS and PlayStation. Small office has iMac with broadband connection. Highspeed wireless throughout the house.
Sliding glass doors on either side of the fireplace open on to the deck with BBQ. Behind the house is 100 acres with woods, ponds and beaver dams, owned by the town. (photos below)
The amenities of a hotel, with all the comforts of home. We want your stay to be as enjoyable and carefree as possible. For your convenience the house includes: house cleaning, caretaker, linens, popcorn, coffee & hot cocoa, firewood, washer & dryer, hair dryer, soaps & shampoo, as well as a collection of CDs, movies and PlayStation Games. Need something? Let us know. We can even have a bottle of wine waiting for you.
Questions? Please call Nanci or Eric 718. 896. 7669.
Read or Write Reviews
Located in the heart of the Green Mountains at the cross roads of Rt 100 & Rt 11 means there's plenty to do. Let's start with eating and shopping. For outdoor activities see summer, winter & fall attractions as well as links to local events below.
- For the winter season only the Old Mill Tavern is a great dinning experience just at the bottom of the hill (North on Middletown Rd, to Rt11 & Rt100 Jct) Many reviews may say inexpensive bar food, but with a new menu boasting mussels and rack of lamb, dinner can be $50/person with wine. Yet the eclectic ambiance and huge fireplace make it something special.
Similarly priced is The Garden Restaurant, (824-9574) just a few doors west on Rt 11. Lunch is a good deal and the garden room and gallery are quaint. The Frog's Leap Inn (824-3019) just up Route 100 north on the left has really good foods for a mid range price. The Londonderry Inn, (824-5226) just south at the end of Middletown Rd. does breakfast thru dinner, with homemade soups, breads, desserts and entrees in their 1826 Homestead.
More moderately priced are: the New American Grill (824-9844) (typical menu) with a good selection of beer & wine, as well as Jake's Marketplace Cafe (824-3811) with an adjacent bar and pool table (both places are located a mile from the Haus in the Mountain Marketplace - next to the IGA) Gran'ma Frisby's (824-5931), closer to Magic Mt., offers the typical bar fair - burgers, fried foods and happy hour prices.
For something extra special we recommend the Three Clock Inn (824-6327) for dinner.
Fine dining in a 200-year old farmhouse. Cozy, intimate, fireplaces, spectacular food and a top-notch wine list. This is more than casual dinning, so plan accordingly. Also located, just down the street, south on Middletown Rd.
The Londonderry Camber of Commerce offers information includes listings for events, such as theater, music, fairs and festivals. The Official Town Site has links to Churches, the Library etc.
- , located 15 miles west of the house. Up to 70% off retail prices everyday in Stores such as; Polo, Levi's, Armani, Coach and OshKosh. Of course there's restaurants and antiques as well. With over 40 stores from Ben & Jerry's to Bose to Brook's Brothers, there's something for everyone. For general outlet hours and additional information call 1-800-955-SHOP
- , located 15 minutes east of the house, this typical Vermont village offers historic sites, restaurants, art shows and the Chester Historical Society Museum.
Just 5 miles up Rt.100 this quaint town hosts shops such as the Vermont Country Store, Weston Village Christmas Shop, the Museum of Weston, Galleries, Dinning and the Weston Playhouse.
The house is in the heart of the Green Mountains, which means the Long trail hiking & biking, Resort golfing & tennis, camping, boating, and of course eating and shopping are all close by.
Just Minutes from the Haus this beautiful lake is great for a picnic or non motorized boats (electric motors allowed with permit. You can drive your car right to the boat put in and then park just up the hill. There is a great 3.5 mile hike that loops around the lake. More info by calling 802-824-4035. Map
Over 700 Acres of State owned land. Great for Hiking, boating and Fishing. Just minutes down Rt. 100. Info and Map
Just 5 miles from our house is a beautiful course. Recently been purchased by the Okemo Mountain Resort This 18 hole public course has been renovated with even more amenities. More info on website
This 27 hole Championship has hosted six LPGA events. Check out Stratton's Green Card: Golf for as little as $39 including a cart with Stratton's Green Card! Sunday - Friday Season Golf Pass - only $299
Allows Unlimited play Sunday afternoon (noon through the end of the day) through Friday
Restrictions apply, Learn More about Stratton Golf
During the summer months Magic hosts live bands and fireworks in July outside on their huge deck behind the lodge. Call for details 802-824-5199
- Vermont's only south facing slopes boast sunny, beautiful views of the valley. Voted #1 in North America by Ski magazine for Family Programs. During the summer this Ski mountain operate America's longest Alpine slide, water raft slide, climbing wall, go carts along with other fun rides.
Vendors set up to sell fresh cheeses and vegetables to pottery and quilts. Just at the bottom of the hill Next to the Old Mill Tavern. Intersection Rte 11 &10. Memorial Day - Columbus Day. Sat 9 -1.
For more information call (802) 824-4492
- Five Weeks of Top Equestrian Competition at the Harold Beebe Farm in East Dorset, just outside of Manchester and 20 min from the house.
- The house is a great getaway from the city, but if you want to get away from your getaway and cook in the woods and sleep in a day or two, it's nice to know you still have a dry house, warm bed and your own private shower near by :)
Just 5 miles up Rt.100, mainstage performances are held at the beautiful Weston Playhouse, located on the Village Green in Weston. Named "The most beautiful theatre in New England" by the Boston Globe, the Playhouse offers spacious seating in an intimate 300 seat air-conditioned auditorium as well as spectacular views of an historic mill and waterfall.
Playhouse Information: 703 Main Street • Weston, VT 05161
Box Office: 802.824.5288 Administrative Office: 802.824.8167
General Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tickets: email@example.com
Many of the summer activities listed above can be done in the fall as well. and activities such as hikes, are spectacular during the fall foliage. The last week in September and first week in October are the highest peak for fall colors, by Columbus Day Weekend the brilliant foliage here is often gone.You may also want to look in to some of the items listed below for the summer too.
- Set in the Weston Playhouse during the height of fall foliage, the Weston Antiques Show has been attracting collectors, dealers, residents, and tourists alike since 1959eaturing 39 outstanding exhibitors in American and English furniture, Americana, folk art, ceramics, prints, silver, oriental rugs, samplers, jewelry and more. Regarded by the New York Times as, “One of the best small shows in New England," thousands of attendees flock to Weston every year to enjoy the show, the setting, and the season and it's just minutes away from the house.
- 180 artists and artisans display and sell their very own creations. As usual at a Craft-producers Festival, there are no imports and no buy/sell products—just honest creative artists and artisans. More than shopping, this Festival offers delicious fresh food and live entertainment under the glorious, heated Camelot tents.
- Usually held in September this event is just down the road at Stratton and boast over 300 artist from 18 states. 518-786-6635
- Vermont living has an online guide with tips & frequently asked questions.
- Driving up or down Interstate 91? This 70 mile loop can start at Rockingham or Brattleborro (just 6 exits/ 20 min apart) and since Londonderry is right in the middle of the loop you can make it a 1/2 day trip or take it coming to or leaving from the house. The drive from chester up to Ludlow is also very nice with many points of interest. More info on Ludlow drive.
Just 3 miles to Magic Mt, 8 to Bromley, 15 to Stratton and 20 miles to Okemo. There are cross-country ski trails behind the house and two x-country ski centers in town.
- with a summit elevation of 3000', 35 trails, 1700' vertical , and snowmaking on 22 slopes, 79% of the acreage, Magic is the slope of choice just 3 miles away. Average annual snowfall 170" Relaxed and low key, it's the local favorite. On a powder day, it's a mini-Mad River Glen! Trail map
- Vermont's Sun Mountain, the only mountain in Vermont with Southern Exposure. With sun all day long, even the coldest days feel warm. Voted #1 in North America by Ski magazine for Family Programs and ranked #3 in the East by Ski Magazine for value! 43 trails of varied terrain, from treed glades & true New England cruisers to sun soft expert mogul fields, everyone in your family will be smiling all day long.. Upper and Lower Twister will thrill and challenge intermediates. Bromley's East Side bristles with bumps and steeps, a la the true Black Diamonds, Havoc, Pabst Panic and Stargazer. Trail map
- offers New England's finest mountain resort experience. Top rated snow, grooming, terrain parks , lifts, service and dining .Family vacation packages. Summer means championship golf , Vermont vacation values, plus tennis, horseback riding , hiking, canoe and kayak tours ,fly fishing and KidsKamp. Tour the Mt.
- layout and trail network is family friendly with miles of playful terrain to suit any ability level, from the Okemo base to Jackson Gore. Just 20 miles north of Londonderry. Trail Map.
- One of the oldest xc ski centers in North America,provides 35 km of groomed trails through winding trails, thick woods, passed beaver ponds and open meadows. Less than a mile from the house. Best suited for intermediates, but it has some longer advanced trails, too. You can also rent ski here and use the 100 acers of trails right behind the house, enter just at end of our private road. (802-824-3933)
- boasts places to dine, antique, golf, x-country ski, sleigh ride or camp. Local information includes listings for events, such as theater, music, fairs and festivals.
- , located 15 minutes from our house and is known for its shopping outlets. This link includes information on many things to do including restaurants and activities.
- , located 10 minutes from our house and is a typical Vermont Village. Chester offers information on its historic town including restaurants, art shows and the Chester Historical Society Museum.